Monday, September 01, 2008
Washington DC Zoo
Saturday we headed into DC to check out the Zoo, which is also free! It was great! The weather was nice and there are so many big trees around that most of it is shaded, which is a big plus. We watched the sea lions for a long time because they were being fed and were doing lots of tricks in order to receive their fish -- Aubrey loved that. She also loved all the fish, turtles, sting rays, coral, sea anemones, etc. I loved getting to see the giant pandas and the orangutans that were right up against the glass looking at Aubrey & Will. On our way home, we were going to grab dinner and ended up across the street from the White House, so we walked by there, too. I'm hoping to set up a tour sometime while we live here, since I've never been inside. Anyway, we had a fun day and will be going back to explore some more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
How cool!
I'm so glad y'all are getting to do so many neat things while you're there! Great memories.
Sounds like such a fun day. I'm looking forward to taking Jackson to the Fort Worth Zoo this fall.
I went to the zoo in Washington DC when I was 5 years old and I can still remember it! I would love to see the inside of the White House. Maybe some day when the kids are quite a bit older!
Cool! Yall have seen so much! Call me back! :) I love you.
Post a Comment