Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Harper's Ferry
We went on a fun little adventure Sunday afternoon to Harper's Ferry, West Virginia. It's only about 40 minutes from us and it's where the Potomac & Shenandoah rivers come together. The Appalachian Trail also runs through Harper's Ferry. There's a little town there at the bottom of the hills, called "Lower Town" that has been there since the late 1700s. George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, etc. traveled through and there are several Civil War battles sites around. I'm not a history buff, but it was still really interesting and just a very picturesque, quaint stop. On our way there and back we passed at least 4 or 5 wineries/vineyards, several horse farms and saw lots of deer running around the hills. It was a beautiful drive and I'm sure we'll be back out that direction again. We've heard that lots of people like to ski in WV, so maybe we'll check it out in the winter. Anyway, the pictures we took don't do it justice at all, but here are a few of them anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Wow! What a neat experience for you all getting to live there! It really makes me want to head your direction sometime soon :) Even though I don't comment all the time, I love reading your blog and watching your family grow. How are YOU doing? Have you been able to connect with other moms? Miss you!
You're making me miss Virginia from our college days! I am so glad you are having fun exploring things!
How fun! Marcy, I love reading your blog to see what fun things ya'll are getting to explore in Virginia . . .
Looks like you all had fun! Tell the kids hello! Tell Robert hello also!
Post a Comment