Monday, September 08, 2008
Camera
It looks like our digital camera won't be around for much longer. We bought it four years ago before we went to Hawaii for our "babymoon". It has been good to us and has survived much mistreatment from Aubrey & Will, but the zoom is stuck open and the batteries keep falling out and it'll only take pictures half of the time lately. Anyway, I just thought I'd ask if anyone loves their camera and has any recommendations. Or, if anyone has had a bad experience with their camera, so I know not to buy it. I just want something that is user friendly and takes good pictures... Any advice would be helpful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Marcy,
I love my sony cybershot - it has a great zoom and takes incredible outside pictures. the inside pictures are good, but not quite as spectacular as the outside pictures. it is priced middle of the line for camera, I think.
Hi Marcy!
Gary just bought me a Canon PowerShot SD950. I think there are different models with different features, depending on what you want. I love my new camera! It has a lot of options for outdoor, night time, water, sports...you name it. I haven't experimented too much yet but I love the pictures I have taken so far. I was without a good camera for 3 months before we finally got this one. It just about drove me nuts not being able to take pictures of the kids!
Honestly, I don't LOVE my Canon, but it's pretty good for what we paid for it. There are a bunch of settings, but they were kind of complicated to figure out, and I had to revert to the factory settings a couple of times. The pictures are average, I guess -- the outside pictures are the best. For some reason, I've never had any luck with Sonys. So I'm probably not much help here. :-)
I would consider investing in a digital SLR camera. I've been looking for one and am hoping to get surprised with one for Christmas(keep your fingers crossed). They're pretty pricey($600+), but you just point and shoot. You'll get amazing pictures.
We got a very basic Kodak Easyshare about a year ago...nothing fancy at all, but for the price I have been pretty satisfied with the pictures. Also, since our camcorder is broken, I've also been using it for video, which is really convenient. However, lately the battery "door" won't stay closed, which is a pain! (as you know!) This camera probably won't last 4 years...
I just got a Sony Cybershot and have been very happy with it so far. We took it to Hawaii with us and got great pictures, inside and out. It's pretty middle of the road as far as price goes and it's got lots of good features.
Post a Comment