We made it home safely from our trip to VA on Sunday afternoon. It was our first time to leave Will and we've only left Aubrey 2 other times since she was born. Thankfully, the kids did great for Robert's parents! Robert & I had a good but tiring trip. We met with Robert's new boss for lunch on Friday after we got there and then spent the rest of Friday and all day Saturday looking at houses. We probably saw about 25 houses and found two that we liked. One is closer in to DC, it's older & smaller, but has a lot of character and a great back yard with lots of tall trees. The other house is a little further out, in a more suburban neighborhood with tons of families & kids. It is 4 years old, has plenty of space and a great floor plan. The yard isn't as big, but it does still have tall trees and enough space for the kids to play. If one of them was less expensive, it would make the decision easier, but they were the same price. We're still trying to get over the sticker shock! It's hard to move away from Texas since housing is so affordable here. Anyway, we decided to make an offer on the newer house after much consideration. It has a separate office, which Robert needs for his new job and we both felt safer there which was a big factor since Robert will still be doing a little bit of traveling. So, we aren't officially under contract yet, but the sellers gave our realtor a verbal okay on our offer and we should be signing papers tomorrow. It looks like we'll close on July 1st and move sometime between then and mid-July. Right now we're trying to get our house ready to put on the market and spent 4 hours meeting with 2 different Realtors yesterday. Robert's been on the phone all day trying to work out all the loan details and working with the relocation company. Needless to say, we're staying busy! And Robert starts traveling back and forth next week until we move. Our to do list for the rest of the week is:
-have our master bedroom & bathroom painted and have baseboards touched-up
-mulch flower beds and plant more flowers in front & back
-have carpets cleaned on Thursday
-box up extra stuff in closets we're not using, so our house shows better
-clean entire house, including windows, doors & garage
-list house on Monday!
Tuesday, June 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
I wish the timing of us leaving wasn't such that it is, so that I could help you more.
We're so sad to see you go, but praying that God will continue to guide you and give you peace as you move forward!
Love you guys.
It sounds like a lot to do. I wish I were closer so I could help you all. I will be praying for you all! Love you all and miss you all!
Wow! Exciting to hear about your (hopefully!) new place, and exhausting to hear all you have to do this week!! Wish we could pitch in on the work. We'll be praying for y'all as you juggle so much.
Wow. Things seem to be happening so fast--which I know is both exciting and stressful.
Hopefully I'll get to see you this weekend.
I'll be praying for you!!
Love ya!
Congrats on finding a great house so quickly! I'm sure you guys are way stressed out, but it seems like you're handling it so well. We're looking forward to seeing y'all at the reunion this weekend:)
WHOA. Lots to do! We will be praying for you guys.
Post a Comment