I am still in denial that we are moving in 2 weeks! I guess it'll hit me once we're on the airplane... Since I'm not doing any packing and our house is still in tact, the move just just feel as close as it really is. Our house went on the market on Friday and we've had some activity, but not a ton so far. Robert is still back & forth between TX & VA until we move. He's been super busy with his new job on top of trying to sign, fax, notorize, sign and fax again a bazillion papers... I can't wait until we're done with all the paperwork! We were able to have a nice Father's Day in the midst of the chaos. We went to Sunday brunch at Moonshine after church, had a relaxing afternoon (while BOTH kids napped, this doesn't happen very oftern anymore!) and ended the day with dinner at Chuy's with the Connells (thanks again for dinner guys!). We have been trying to see friends as much as possible. Tomorrow I'm taking the kids to Houston to visit "Gigi" and then we're going to visit with some close friends that used to live in Austin. And this weekend, we're going to meet up with the Smiths (best man in our wedding) from San Antonio, who we only get to see once or twice a year. Here are a few pictures of what we've been up to the last couple weeks...

We took the kids to a little water park in Round Rock on Saturday and they both loved it, even though it doesn't look like it in this picture.

We recently visited a family I used to nanny for in college, the Barfields. Mary Bentley was only 2 months when I started babysitting her... Now she's 8! She and her sister, Rebecca, were also flower girls in our wedding. It was really special to see Aubrey playing with them.
I also went to my 10 year high school reunion last weekend! Here are: Taylor, Carole, me, Crystal & megan. My 2 other best friends from GHS (besides Carole) were both busy having babies that day and couldn't make it... I can't wait to meet
baby Noah & baby Victoria, hopefully soon -- Congrats Amy & Laura!
Aubrey got to play with her good friend, GC, while his mom was having baby #3 last week. Aubrey keeps asking if his mom can have another baby so he can spend the night again!
I walked into Aubrey's room and noticed that she got a sweet potato from the kitchen as a snack for her animals. When I asked her about it she said, "Don't worry Mom, it's organic".
Although she's cold in this picture, Aubrey had fun swimming & splashing with her playgroup buddies, Haley & John last week.
No comments:
Post a Comment