...We're moving to Virginia!!!
Here's the scoop...
Robert was offered an Accounts Executive/Outside Sales job with Dell and he officially accepted it last week. He'll have the whole state of Virginia as his territory, but 85% of his accounts are in Northern Virginia and Washington DC. So, we'll be living somewhere close to DC and Robert will work from home 1 or 2 days a week and then travel around and visit his accounts the other 3 or 4 days. He's really excited about the job and we are all excited about this adventure ahead of us! We've both lived in Texas almost all our lives (Rob was born in Ohio until age 2), so we think it'll be fun to live in a different region and get to explore another area of the US. We'll be 2 hours from Philadelphia, under 4 hours from NYC and we hear that Virginia is a beautiful state itself. We're going to try and take advantage of our time there and hope to return to Texas in a couple years. It should be great experience for Robert's future career. So yes, we're excited about it. But we're also sad, of course. Most of our family is in Texas, Robert and I met in Austin at our church, got married here, bought our first (& 2nd) house here, and both of our children were born here. And we have great friends here that we will greatly miss. But we've been praying for God's will to be done in our lives and we both feel that this is where God is leading our family. We are trusting in Him to provide a house for us there, friends & fellowship for us all, fruitful labor for Robert and a solid church home. We hope this time will strengthen us as a family and draw us closer to Him. We covet your prayers in the weeks ahead.
For:
-finding a home (the cost of living & housing there is MUCH higher and we're trying to decide if we should rent or buy and exactly what area we should settle in)
-the actual move to go smoothly (thankfuuly, Dell is doing all the moving for us)
-that the kids would handle this transition well and adjust as easily as possible
Well, I guess that's all for now. We're flying to VA next weekend to look for a place to live and then Robert starts on Monday, June 2! I think he'll be flying out each week for a few days until we can all get moved out there. I'll keep you posted as we iron out the details!
Monday, May 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
So excited for y'all! We'll be praying:)
Ahhhh!!!! So excited for you, but SO SAD at the same time. You will be greatly missed, and we will be anxiously awaiting your return if that's the Lord's will.
We will definitely be calling and keeping in touch however we can. :o)
Praying for y'all, and everything you have ahead in the next few weeks, months, and even years.
Love all of you!
I can't believe it! We'll be so sad to see you all go. We're going to miss you tons and toNS and TONS!! I do hope you'll get to move back very soon, and that you have a great move to a wonderful city.
Jasmine and Family
Boo hoo! But congratulations! What an amazing opportunity! Maybe we will have to take a trip up there to visit! We will miss our get togethers...but know this time will fly so fast. Can't wait to see you soon!
What a great opportunity for your family! Virginia is beautiful, and you will have easy access to so many great things to show and teach your children. I am so happy for you, and will definitely be praying!
Love you!
Steph
Cant wait to see you guys this summer/fall! It will be fun to see you guys in another part of the country. Hopefully we will get to come visit your new house! We will be in NYC for July if you guys want to come visit... :) We love you guys.
Wow! That is so exciting! I am sure it'll be a great adventure and you'll see amazing ways the Lord provides for you.
And, you'll be closer to NYC!
I am so happy for you all! You all will be missed. I will be praying for all of you! Love you all and miss you all!
oh my, marcy! I'm a week late reading this and Robert's already started his job! I'm so sad!!!!
How did house hunting go?
Post a Comment