Monday, August 03, 2009

We made it!

We got to Texas on Saturday afternoon and have been enjoying spending lots of time with my mom and grandmother. A & W have been soaking up all the extra attention! Robert flew in with us on Saturday, but had to fly out to Nashville all week for work. This morning I drove him all the way to DFW to find out that he was flying Southwest and we were at the wrong airport! Thankfully, there wasn't much traffic and we made it to Lovefield in time. Also, yesterday I walked out of my grandma's house to get something out of the rental car and locked the keys in the trunk. Fabulous. Thankfully, we have AAA and they were able to unlock the car for us. Other than those two incidents, everything has gone smoothly and we're looking forward to each day of out trip. This afternoon, me and the kids stopped by my friend Jenny's house and got to meet 3 month old Emma, who is precious! Our other UT friend and bridesmaid, Jessica was there, as well. Tomorrow, I get to see Amy and Carole and meet baby Charlotte! I'll post pictures once we get back to VA...

3 comments:

The Hunter Family said...

Oh my! That sounds awfully stressful- I'm glad you are all okay. Wish I could see you, too!

cheryl said...

we're eagerly awaiting your time down here!!! ;o) glad you're having fun so far.

LiBassi Family said...

I'm so jealous!