Thursday, June 18, 2009

Summertime

I guess it will officially be summer in a few days and for the first time in my life, it still feels like spring time in mid June! All my life in TX summer weather starts in March, April or at least by May. So, I have really been enjoying these lovely days in the 60s,70s or 80s. It will get hot here, but the heat just doesn't last as long. We've had a couple isolated days in the 90s, but not many. We've also had a lot of rain, but when it is not raining, we've been spending as much time as we can outside...
Hanging out at the pool.
Swimming.

Biking.
Will in "the chariot".

Walking to the Town Center and splashing in the fountains.

Swinging in the back yard.

Will likes to be "like Daddy" and help with the yard work.


Here's Aubrey with some neighbors playing in the basement on a rainy day.
Dressing up. Aubrey's a "Ballerina-Princess-Butterfly-Flower-Fairy"

Storytime at the library.

We went to paint Robert some plates with the kid's hand prints for Father's Day. Aubrey said she wouldn't say a word to Robert so it would be a surprise. The second we got home, she ran into Robert's office and said, " I painted you something, but it's a surprise and it won't be ready for a week!" Then later at dinner she said, "Fine Daddy, it's a plate" -- she just couldn't contain the surprise. It was really cute and he'll be excited to see the finished product on Sunday anyway!

We've been trying to grill and eat outside a lot. I especially enjoy not having to clean up so much in the kitchen after dinner :) We're just now kind of getting into a summer groove now that we don't have our weekly routine of preschool, ballet, Bible study, etc. The first couple weeks, I wasn't feeling very productive with our schedule wide open, but I've gotten better about planning our days/weeks. Aubrey starts a summer session of gymnastics next week, she'll have a week of VBS in July and we'll hopefully take some little day trips here and there. We're also still planning on spending a couple weeks in TX in August, making the rounds in Dallas, Austin and Houston. We hope we get to see everybody then!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Hunter Family said...

Too cute. I love the lawn mower one. Those are priceless. DO you think you can make it to Germany in that wide open schedule of yours?