Sunday, November 09, 2008

A little bit of fall

Yes, I miss Texas, but there are some things I do prefer here in Virginia, one being the weather/seasons (ask me again after the winter ). August was so mild with days in the low 80s and the fall has been beautiful. Fall has always been my favorite season, even though I hadn't experienced one like this. We've been soaking it up and spending as much time outside as possible.
A game of peek a boo in the swing.


Unfortunately, most of the fall colors I have seen have been while driving around, when I can't very well capture it. Here's one little tree in our backyard that turned bright yellow.


And a few more trees from our backyard. I took these pictures a little late, after lots of the colorful leaves had already dropped. Next year I'll be prepared...

Gigi came to visit this weekend from Houston and we had a great time! In this picture, we stopped to feed the ducks before lunch at the park. We also had several meals out, went to the D.C. Zoo on Saturday, drove to a cute little town on Sunday and did lots of playing and story reading at home.

More park fun with Gigi, thanks for the fun visit!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

I soaked it up when we lived in New Jersey, so I understand how it can't be captured! Miss you guys!