Aubrey used to be satisfied by reading a few of her many books before bedtime, but for a while now, she also wants me to tell her a story... that I make up. It has made me realize how uncreative I am -- I was okay at it for the first couple weeks, but then I started running out of material. Sometimes though, she'll help me out and give me an idea. Here is an example from today of the story lines Aubrey comes up with...
"Mommy, tell me a story about 103 Christmas trees who were all family members. There's a Daddy, Mommy, big girl, baby, and a newborn. They're all different colors and they wanted to go to the beach together to look for sea shells and make ornaments out of the shells and decorate themselves."
She'll want me to repeat back to her exactly what she tells me and if I miss a word, she'll correct me. Then I continue her story and if she doesn't like the way it is going, she'll stop me and tell me what should happen next. It's fun, but it can also be exhausting!
Tuesday, November 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Oh my Goodness!! That sounds like my life! Daphne is so much like that. It exhausts your brain, huh?
okay there are no words for this. i'm cracking up. i called james in here so i could read it to him.
Oh man!!! :o) What a girl.
I like to do "Fill in the blank" stories. I'll start out then pause and let her add or tell me things, then pick up again and so on.
Sounds like my life, too! GC is obsessed with having me tell him stories that he wants to narrate himself. Recently he started telling us "stories" and using his trains as props. Cute but a bit of torture.
Tell me a story, Marcy! About two friends in college and how they are friends still on different continents and both have kids and they love eachother?
Ditto!
Post a Comment