Tuesday, November 04, 2008

18 months

Will officially turned 1.5 last week and is showing more & more boy and less & less baby. This is happy & sad, as it always is -- fun to watch him grow, but sad that he grows so fast!

-He chose the day he turned 18 months to greet us in our room that morning when he awoke -- meaning he jumped out of his crib! I was thankful to see that his crib rail was down, so it hasn't happened since, since we always raise it up. I hope to keep him contained in there as long as possible!
-"No" is his new favorite word, even if the answer is yes. He just likes saying no. I have to admit, I think it is cute right now, but I'm sure the "no" cuteness won't last long...
- Still obsessed with identifying letters and picks them out from signs, toys and even from sticks outside that look like "y"s and bites of food that look like "O"s or "A"s...
-His favorite car song, to my dismay, is "YMCA" -- hey, it has 2 of his favorite letters in it. As soon as he gets in his car seat he says, "Y- A" and does arm motions for these 2 letters to request the song.
-He's using lots of 2 word phrases and some "sentences":
Anytime he wants something, he'll say "old it, old it" (hold it)
When he wants me to hold him, it's "old you" (hold you)
The other day he said, "Pay baby Zac ouse" (Play at baby Zac's house) -- to give you an idea of one of his "sentences".
-He has a very cute, raspy boy voice and likes to growl several words like, "All right!"
-Several times through out the day, he likes to take roll and make sure we're all here. He'll walk around the room and identify all of us. He'll pat each of us on our shoulders and say, "Daddy", "Mommy", Aubrey" & "Wool".
-He prefers to gallop, jump or hop to get around.
-He can say "I love you" now and still lets me rock him and sing to him before nap and bed, so I'll cherish the baby in him as long as I can!

2 comments:

cheryl said...

Such a big boy!
Your kids loving letters at such an early age cracks me up! I remember Aubrey being the same way.
I can just imagine his cute little raspy voice. Wish I could hear it in person.

Unknown said...

So sweet! Y'all are such a precious family. Wish we could see more of you!!!