Monday, November 23, 2009

30


I have entered a new decade and now am part of the 30s club... So far thirty feels about the same as 29, which is pretty good. I had a fun weekend celebrating with family and friends. The morning of my birthday, my good friend, Emiley, brought me a cake to our MOPS group along with lots of "30" paraphernalia, including a pin that says, "30 OLD! OLD! OLD! OLD! all over it. Aubrey asked me in the car if I was having a "black and white over the hills party." I have no idea where she got that one? That afternoon, Gigi flew in from Houston so we went out to a nice dinner at Clyde's and then came home for birthday cake. On Sunday evening, eight of my neighbors took me out. We had fun watching New Moon with all the sixteen year olds in town and then they treated me to a delicious dinner & dessert. They also chipped in and gave me a gift card to go shopping, it was a great night! I have one more girls' night out with a couple of my friends from church on Wednesday, may as well stretch out the birthday as long as possible, right? I have definitely consumed large amounts of refined sugar in the last four days from all the birthday festivities... Thanks so much for all the cards, calls and birthday wishes, I'm blessed to have such a great family and friends.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Crystal Hays said...

Happy Birthday, Marcy! So glad you've had such a great time celebrating:)

Carole said...

Yay! So you're the first of us to reach the 30s...you are old!:) I'm glad you had a good bday and I"m so so glad you were born! Watch out for those vampires!

cheryl said...

I don't know why I completely forgot this was the big 3-0 for you! So sorry I didn't send anything. At least w/ my prego brain I still remembered to call. ;o)
Miss you!

LiBassi Family said...

Happy Birthday (again) Marcy! (btw, nate has that same shirt that Will is wearing! haha)