Here's my attempt to post a few from the end of our summer...
Aubrey was excited to get to use china for a little tea party (Izze) we had during Will's nap, but I think she was more excited about the jellybeans she got!
Some neighbors have been rotating having a playdate & potluck once a week all summer. It was our turn to host at the end of August. We had pizza & popsicles and the kids all had fun playing in the sand and jumping in the moon bounce.
The cardboard house from Costco has been a huge hit -- Will calls it his "bootiful idaloo" (beautiful igloo)
Aubrey riding "Spirit".
Aubrey will start preschool on Monday (she'll go MWF from 9-11:45), gymnastics on Tuesday, and I joined a MOPS group every other Friday while Aubrey is at school. I also ordered a homeschool curriculum that I'll be doing with Aubrey this year to help us decide what to do for kindergarten next year. Thanks, Cheryl for the recommendation! I've been getting all the materials together and hope to start that tomorrow, as well. Aubrey loves doing crafts and loves to learn, so I think this will be fun for both of us. It only takes about an hour a day, but will add some more structure and purpose to our days. I'm really impressed with the material and excited to get started! The only other new thing in our schedule is that I have taken up tennis! I've only had about 3 or 4 lessons so far, but I'm hooked. I'm not really any good yet, but I'm loving it and hoping to learn enough so I can play doubles with Robert when we're 60 :) I've been taking lessons at 8 pm with a few neighbors, after the kids are in bed. Anyway, we had a fun summer, but are all ready for our favorite season... Fall in VA was incredible last year and we are looking forward to all the autumn colors, apple picking and pumpkin festivals -- come visit us!



4 comments:
Sounds like a great end to summer! How fun that you're taking tennis lessons. We'll have to do league together when we're home. :-) Give everyone our love and we'll Skype soon!
Hey Marcy! I so wish we could come visit you! I have never been to DC and would love to see the sights. Hope you guys have a great fall! Love, Lucy
You're playing tennis and Laura has been running. I'm feeling peer pressure to buy some tennis shoes and pursue an athletic activity....of course I'll use this pregnancy as an excuse to delay that until January!!
Sorry to repeat all the comments, but you didn't tell me about the tennis. Sounds so fun! ;o)
Post a Comment