Thursday, July 09, 2009
4th of July
July 4th just about marked our year anniversary for living in Virginia. Crazy. We actually left TX a couple days before, but close enough. I posted about it last year, but I am still so thankful that those two neighbors, Caroline & Kristi, came and knocked on our door and invited us to two parties going on for the 4th. It was such a blessing to meet so many neighbors with kids right after we moved in. I feel like our transition here couldn't have been much smoother. The neighborhood has so many activities, events, concerts, playgroups, cookouts, etc. that it is so easy to be connected with your neighbors. So, it was fun to go back to those parties this year to celebrate Independence Day and a one year here, a really good one. We are thankful. Yes, we still miss Texas (and our family, friends, church) and plan on moving back, but I'm just trying to make the most of the time we live here. I do think I'll miss this weather -- the temps have been in the 80s almost all summer :). Anyway, we also went to a friend's birthday party on the morning of the 4th and watched the Leesburg parade that went by in front of their house-- that's what the camel pic and the Chinese dragon costumes are from. We also went to a neighborhood concert where Aubrey & Will sat on the edge of the stage and danced the whole time. Then, we drove to park and watch the fireworks to finish off the night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
So fun. Part of me can't believe it's already been a year, but in other ways it seems like you've been gone so much longer. :o(
WE MISS YOU! Hope we get to see you soon.
Post a Comment