Thursday, January 24, 2008

Random

-Green up your mailbox
A friend emailed me this website where you can unsubscribe to unwanted catalogs/junkmail. It takes a couple minutes to sign up, but it is free and I think it is worth it. I'm even unsubscribing to catalogs I like to look at (like Pottery Barn , Land of Nod, etc.) since everything is online and I hate to waste so much paper. One of my resolutions this year is to declutter, simplify & organize my house and eliminating my perpetual mail pile would be a great start for me!

- I got this book for Aubrey for Christmas and it by far the best children's Bible story book we've read. It is written by Sally Lloyd Jones and I love what she says about it: "You see, the best thing about this story is--it's true. It takes the whole Bible to tell this story. And at the center of the story there is a baby. Every story in the Bible whispers his name. He is like the missing piece in a puzzle--the piece that makes all the other pieces fit together and suddenly you can see a beautiful picture." I would highly recommend this book for your family!

2 comments:

Lucy Sayles said...

Thanks Marcy for the catalog tip!

JLP said...

Hey Parkers!

Thanks for the tip, Marcy...we could use alot less paper around here, too. We also got the JSB for Christmas and all love it! The girls say hi and have been asking when we will see y'all!