Sunday, September 20, 2009

Pennsylvania

Saturday, we decided to visit a new state! We drove 2 hours to Lancaster, PA to take a day trip an amusement park called Dutch Wonderland. Dutch Wonderland is geared towards younger children, so Aubrey & Will could go on almost every single ride. We had a great time and were worn out by 6, when the park closed. On our way home, we drove through a couple little Amish towns in Lancaster County. Will and especially Aubrey, loved seeing the people ride on the streets with their horses and buggies. You could see all the little boys with their suspenders and hats and all the girls in their long dresses and bonnets. The farms were beautiful and so peaceful. When I was describing the Amish lifestyle to Aubrey, I was telling her how they don't have cars or use electricity, so they don't have TVs or computers, etc... The first thing Aubrey said was, "Mommy, I'm going to pray for those people!" Then I explained to her that they choose to live a simpler life and were just fine with it. Anyway, we had a good first impression of Pennsylvania and plan to go back to other parts of the state this fall.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Gorgeous pictures! Looks like such a fun way to spend a weekend. I am so impressed with all the great trips you all are taking -- W & A will have such special memories to treasure.

cheryl said...

So neat! What a fun weekend! Glad y'all are able to take advantage of all the fun things that are close by.